Dalton Little Theatre seeks local Directors for 2017-2018 Season!
Dalton Little Theatre is currently seeking submissions for the 2017-2018 season. Area directors are encouraged to submit proposals for musicals or plays that will appeal to a broad base of performers and audiences. We are seeking musicals, comedies, and dramas of various size and scale for our regular season.
Deadline: March 22, 2017
Guidelines for Proposals
DLT requests that potential directors submit the following information in writing:
– Show Overview including title, author, cast size, and age ranges of cast members, orchestra size (minimum to maximum), usual running length, list of songs, and brief synopsis.
– Overall concept of the show – historical period, style, dialects, geographical location, interpretation
– Set – special needs for staging, scene changes, set pieces
– Choreography – level of dance required
– Technical – sound, lights, special effects needed
– Personnel – do you have anyone in mind for production crew such as music director, stage manager, choreographer, designers, etc.?
– Preferred timing – DLT has four mainstage productions each year. Typically Fall, Winter (Holiday Show), Spring, & Summer. If you prefer a certain season please note it in your submission. If you are flexible, please note that as well.
– Resume of previous directing, producing and/or acting experience, including background in music if directing a musical.
If you have more than one show that you would be interesting in directing please submit up to three shows for consideration in one production time slot. Email your submission in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format to DLT’s Board Vice President, Jessica Trivino at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. March 22, 2017.