History

Dalton Little Theatre, DLT, held its first documented performance in 1869. The organization began as The Dalton Amateurs, and continued as The Sophoclean Dramatic Club, and The Dalton Players, before becoming Dalton Little Theatre in 1955. The theatre has performed continuously except for breaks during WWI and WWII. The organization formally incorporated in 1958, and found its first home in 1981 when it converted the former firehouse built in 1888 into The Firehouse Theatre. The Firehouse Theatre is often referred to as The Old Dalton Firehouse and it remains the home of Dalton Little Theatre to this day.

Behind the scenes look at one of the Fall 2014 board meetings at the Dalton Little Theatre. The volunteer board members help make all of the season's productions possible. 

Behind the scenes look at one of the Fall 2014 board meetings at the Dalton Little Theatre. The volunteer board members help make all of the season's productions possible. 

Contact Us
Phone: (706) 226-6618
E-mail: DLT@optilink.us
Physical Address:
210 N. Pentz St., Dalton, GA 30720
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 841, Dalton, GA 30722

Board of Directors

2017-2018

  • Chase Parker (President)
  • Margaret Zeisig (Vice-President)
  • Tanner Jaco (Secretary)
  • Tanessa Foster (Treasurer)
  • Natalie Bruce
  • Linda Dotson
  • Lane Haley
  • Lynn Hutchison
  • Kirt Johnson
  • Jennifer Jones
  • Brent Haley
  • Susan Ridley
  • Ron King (Past President)
  • McCavan Kalafut
  • Aleatha Plott
  • Maria Rochelle
  • Caleb Satterfield

The first Board meeting of the 2017-18 Season will be:

Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00PM

Board of Trustees

  • Jeanne Burr
  • Helen Crawford
  • George Davies
  • Jim Kirk
  • Lori McDaniel
  • Tut McFarland
  • Joey Parrott
  • Ellen Thompson